The next working party is this coming Saturday. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available to help out.
This month we’re turning our attentions to the Allotment area plus a couple of items on St Chad’s Green & the Village Green:
- Dig hole for new tree on St Chad’s Green ready for Mother’s Union celebration planting.
- Remove the dog bin on the Village Green.
- Clear the overgrown areas at the front of the allotments.
- Remove all rubbish from the front of the allotments and transport to the tip (inc a red chair & sofa !).
- Clear the area at the back of the allotments adjacent to the new access path route.
- Cut / strim back grass area in front of the BMX track.
Meeting Point & Time
Meet at the allotments at 9:30am.
Wear clothes suitable for gardening. If the weather is inclement then also bring some waterproofs. We will provide gloves and hi viz jackets. There’s plenty of strimming and flail mowing to do so if you are willing to have a go with either of these machines then you’ll need to bring a pair of steel toe caps. We have a spare pair of size 10′s if anyone wants to borrow them.
Tools & Equipment
We have at least one of everything we will need however, if you are able to bring along the following it would be a help:
- Pair Of Shears.
- Pair Of Loppers
- Pair Of Secateurs
Transport of allotment rubbish to the tip
The general allotment rubbish at the front of the allotment area needs to be transported to the tip in individual vehicles otherwise we will be charged. If anyone willing can bring a suitable vehicle (4×4′s are good). We plan to reduce the rubbish to a suitable size and provide bags so it won’t mess people’s cars up.