Construction management plan for the new school approved
Following on from last night’s Parish Council meeting where the final version of the Construction Management Plan for the new school was presented & approved by councillors, residents need to be aware of the following key points:
- The works to construct the periscope entrance with associated road works & utilities diversion will last for c20 weeks & should begin on Monday 12th December subject to WDC approval of the Construction Management Plan / discharge of condition 10.
- OWR will remain open for traffic one way South [village] to North [Warwick Gates] for the duration of the works.
- OWR will remain open for pedestrians for the duration of the works by reinstating the old path on the East side.
- Construction traffic flow will be one way South to North & limited to 20mph through the narrow / residential part of OWR.
- No construction traffic to be permitted to use Church Hill / Mallory Road.
- Once the periscope road entrance is operational, construction traffic to exit & entry via the Harbury Lane end of OWR for the remainder of the project c15 months.
- WCC has indicated that a communication rollout to residents (leaflet drop) & bus companies etc will be today (Friday) & Saturday.
The Parish Council worked with WCC to produce a construction management plan that balances the need to build the school by September 2024 with the negative impact on residents. This is the best outcome that we could achieve.