Leamington Spa Station Improvement Scheme announced
A new rail infrastructure initiative for Warwick District has taken an important step forward with the announcement of an improvement scheme for Leamington Spa Station.
The programme of investment to the station forecourt and underpass will be delivered ahead of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games Lawn Bowls and Para Bowls competitions, taking place at Royal Leamington Spa’s Victoria Park.
The £1.2m Leamington Spa Station improvement scheme which is being funded by Warwick District Council and the Government’s Local Growth Fund through the Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership will include;
- The development of a new public space in the station forecourt to create a welcoming hub on arrival;
- Improved public transport connectivity;
- The refurbishment of the station underpass to improve the route between the station and town centre;
- The installation of new wayfinding signs; and
- Increased cycle racks and storage.
The scheme has now been adopted by Warwickshire County Council who have agreed to oversee the design and delivery stages of the works.
To find out more about the Leamington Spa Station Improvement Scheme and view and comment on the provisional design proposals visit www.warwickshire.gov.uk/leamingtonstation