The parish council has been working to make a real difference to road safety in the parish for residents, pedestrians, cyclists & car drivers. In partnership with Warwickshire County Council, Community Speedwatch & local developer AC Lloyd we have secured the funding & then designed & implemented a series of traffic calming measures.
Our successes to date:
- Installation of Vehicle Activated Signs (VAS) on Oakley Wood Road & Mallory Road.
- Construction of the speed table at the junction of Oakley Wood Road & Church Hill leading to a 93% reduction in vehicles travelling over 40mph at this point.
- School crossing signs & coloured road surfacing on Mallory Road in lieu of the Lollipop person.
We have two further projects which are funded and will be implemented during 2020-2021:
- Pedestrian refuge & mini roundabout on Oakley Wood Road. Expected implementation late 2020.
- Chicane / ‘give & go’ on Mallory Road / Seven Acre Close junction funded by AC Lloyd. Expected implementation 2021.
Our future ambitions include the following subject to funding:
- Safety improvements for the junction of Mallory Road & Banbury Road
- Harbury Lane speed reduction in vicinity of primary school.