Harbury Lane Active Travel Connections
Warwickshire County Council is proposing improved connections for walking, wheeling and cycling along Harbury Lane between the A452 Europa Way, Gallows Hill and Heathcote Lane junction and the B4087 Tachbrook Road and Oakley Wood Road junction.
This scheme supports the development of new homes, schools and community facilities. It is also part of a wider Active Travel programme, which aims to make it easier for people to walk, wheel or cycle for everyday journeys. The Harbury Lane proposals include:
- Widening and surfacing of the existing footpath running parallel to Harbury Lane (behind hedge) between Tachbrook Road and Garrett Drive, to create a shared use footpath/ cycle track
- New footways and cycle tracks to connect up existing routes between Garrett Drive and Europa Way
- New Toucan crossing between Blakemore Drive and Capulet Drive, and upgrades of existing crossings to enable cyclists to cross safely
- Provision of street lighting on new and upgraded sections of footways, footpaths and cycle tracks
Scheme plans, further details of the proposals and a feedback form can be found online here at or at the Shire Hall in Warwick from 22 August. You can also view plans and speak to Council officers at the following Active Travel events:
- Tuesday 22 August between 11.30am and 1.30pm at Heathcote Community Centre, Cressida Close CV34 6DZ. Bike security marking and free bike checks will also be available.
- Saturday 2 September 2023, 10am to 5pm at the Pump Room Gardens, Leamington Spa CV32 4AA. Please visit the Warwickshire County Council stand at Leamington Ecofest
- Tuesday 5 September between 2.30pm and 4.30pm at Lower Heathcote Co-Op, Vickers Way CV34 7BR. Bike security marking and free bike checks will also be available.
For more information or to send in detailed comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org All responses will need to be submitted by 29 September 2023.